Tuesday, May 8, 2007

I Am Me.

Theres no bigger slap in the face than being compared to somebody else.

"You look like _______.",
"You sound like _______.",
"You remind me of _______.".
It's all fucking bullshit.


Nothing robs me of my individuality more than to be told that I am like some other person.
Granted, I DO realize that people are products of their surroundings, and that we all live off each other's actions, AT LEAST give me the dignity of being an individual.
I'd rather be recognized for my own personality, and not for my likeness to fucking movie stars that you don't even know.

1 comment:

Annonymous said...

I'm kind of the opposite. Maybe it's a product of my Zizek worship, but rather than thinking of myself as unique individual I like to think of myself as a monster who tries to blend in with people by mimicking them so as not to offend anybody.